Going in today my stomach was in knots. After what we'd been through last year I had been hypersensitive about every little thing this time around. In fact one night I turned over in my sleep and my hand knocked against my stomach. I bolted awake and sat there in bed thinking "Oh my god! I just hurt the babies". Of course I quickly snapped myself back to sanity and went back to sleep but I continued to have nightmares all week that we'd go into the ultrasound and they'd tell us nonchalantly "Oh, yep, they're all gone. All three babies died".
Anyways, thankfully that didn't happen. We went in and everything was totally normal and everyone was still healthy and progressing exactly as they should. The sonographer spent only a little time with each baby measuring the size and heart rates but she gave us the opportunity to see each one close up. Baby A was VERY active today with his arms and legs going crazy in there. The other two were pretty calm but we saw all of their little hearts beating very clearly. She didn't spend much time taking pictures so they are kind of blurry and I couldn't make out much but I posted them below anyways. My favorite is always the widescreen shot of all of them. I like seeing them all snuggling together in there.
After the ultrasound the doctor came in and gave us the official declaration. We have made it past the questionable stage and are pregnant with completely healthy triplets! He said he saw no evidence of any bleeds or any other problems, all the placenta's were very good quality, the babies all looked perfect size and the heartbeats were just where they should be. He was very upbeat and optimistic and with a congratulatory handshake he sent us on our way to the specialist for the rest of the pregnancy.
I am so releived that everything went well today. A big thank you to everyone who has been thinking about and praying for us this week! Now I can finally relax a little bit, let out the big breath I've been holding for the past month or so, and we can let this whole thing start to be "real" at last.








YIPPIEEE!!!! CONGRATS MOMMA!!!:)
ReplyDeletethanks Dyan! We're so relieved
ReplyDelete