Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!




The Easter Bunny made his annual stop at our house again this year. The older kids were thrilled to wake up and find the elusive bunny had left his usual baskets of candy at their bedside.




We dyed easter eggs and ate them for Easter breakfast and then went on our merry way to church.



It was our first attempt to take the whole family to church since the babies were born and it was mighty successful I must say. The big kids went to their Sunday school class and the babies came with Mark and I into the service. With only a few squeaks they made it through the whole service and I was very impressed. Mark thinks we just got lucky :)

We came home and the big kids rushed to the backyard to find it littered with candy filled eggs. They searched high and low and (I'm hoping) found them all. Last year we found a few of them in May and it wasn't pretty.




Things have begun to change a bit with the babies as they reached the big milestone of April 1st (that was their actual due date). Some things have gotten more difficult, some things easier. I was saying to my husband tonight that the past couple days they seem to have really woken up and are blossoming into real babies instead of the sleep around the clock newborn things we brought home from the hospital. It certainly doesn't seem like they've been home from the hospital for 5 weeks already. Gosh, time really does fly. I got my first social smile and coo from Jadyn today in response to a goofy face I made. Shortly after that Rylee came tearing into the kitchen to tell me Jadyn had grabbed a stuffed monkey hanging from their floor mat and shoved it in her mouth. I went to look and saw her very purposely grab a hold of it and put it in her mouth. When they are awake they spend a lot more time in that quiet alert state where they just seem to be taking everything in. They all want to be held all the time which has gotten increasingly time consuming as I spend much of my day wearing one of them in the baby carrier on my chest and holding the other two in each arm... and begging my 3 and 4 year old to scratch my nose for me :) I often find myself thinking "man this would be a breeze if it were twins... at least I'd have one free hand...". But I'm sure that people with quads find themselves thinking "man if it were only triplets this would be a cake walk!". I have however learned to do a lot of things with my feet this week. Silver lining, right? I'm still waiting on my triplet carrier to arrive (they say Wednesday or Thursday this week) and when that gets here I'll be doing a happy dance. They are perfectly happy when being worn on my body and it will be a huge relief to have my hands free. Plus then I can take all the kids to Busch Gardens and actually go up in the treehouse with Rylee and Jack and the babies on my body. I'm sure I'll look ridiculous but if it works for us, I don't really care.

On the flip side they are all sleeping so much better. They were sleeping well to begin with but the past few days they have gotten even better. They go down easy now, fall right to sleep and have been falling more into a nap routine during the day. Jordyn and Cole consistently go at least 6 hours during the night but Jadyn only 3 to 4. If we can just get her to catch up we'll be in a really good place with the sleep thing. It will be really nice in another month or two when we have a well established morning nap, afternoon nap, bedtime routine that we can count on from day to day as it will give me a lot more time to really focus on Rylee and Jack. But for now we're taking it day by day and the sleep is slowly falling into place. It could certainly be a whole heck of a lot worse and I consider myself lucky every morning I wake up feeling well rested with three newborns in the house.

Alright well I'm off to go feed a baby or two and catch a few hours of sleep. Thanks for checking in on us this week and for your continued thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter celebration!

6 comments:

  1. You look great Barbie! Happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about your little ones and how fast time is flying by! Can't wait to see the triplet carrier. And I can't wait to hear how it is to load them in!! You are looking AMAZING!! Happy Belated Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! You are looking really good Barbie! I'm glad things are starting to get a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Don't remember how I found your blog, but I found it when you still PG, and didn't notice it wasn't on my reader until now. So.. Congrats on the birth of your little ones!! They're adorable! You look wonderful, Happy belated Easter, and the FAQ sign is too funny - b/c it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update and the cute pictures of the kids!! Barbie you look AMAZING!!!

    I hope things continue to get easier or at least "normal" for you!!

    ReplyDelete