Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Fire

The aftermath...



As most of you know my big sisters house burnt down last week. While she was picking her 10 year old daughter up from school a fire started in the kitchen that quickly spread and she came home to find flames shooting through the roof.

She's been there sifting through the ashes all week. Here is the view she posted from what used to be the living room...



Many of you have asked me if there is any way you can help and until now I have just asked for lots and lots of prayer as she does not live in this state and there isn't much we can do. But now I have been given a list. If you would like to help in a more tangible way there are many things that they are in need of. I happen to be going up there this weekend so if you have something you would like to donate and can get it together in the next couple of days I can come by and pick it up. If not, I can get it up there at a later date. Just let me know. Here is the list (click to enlarge):




And of course please continue to shower them with your prayers. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to see and hear about your sister's home! It could happen to any of us! I'm so glad everyone is safe. I'll be saying a prayer for them!

    ReplyDelete