Sunday, August 16, 2009

8 weeks and counting!

Let the belly pictures begin! I started taking pictures of the "bump" when I was pregnant with my first two but didn't stick with it for very long. I've realized this time around though that I'm already growing by the minute so I'm pretty motivated to document it from the start. So my goal is to update every weekend with a new belly picture! So check back often if you'd like to see the babies grow!

Here is the first:



I
t seems like I started to show almost overnight. I went to the doctor last week and he was pushing all over my stomach doing all the normal measurements and commented "Wow! for 8 weeks this uterus is already really growing! You're measuring about 14 weeks right now". But of course that's pretty normal for a triplet pregnancy. I was then told by about 12 weeks I should look about 5 months pregnant and somewhere around 20 weeks (roughly 5 months into the pregnancy) I will measure about what a full term pregnancy for a singleton baby would measure. And then I still have to home to carry these little guys for another 12-15 weeks after that!! I can only imagine how big I'm going to be when this is all over. *sigh* On a positive note I found out that my insurance company will cover a tummy tuck as a medically necessary procedure after a high order multiple pregnancy!! Something about the muscle sepereation putting you at greater risk of hernia... So YAY! After this is all done I'll get a new stomach too!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what you were going to do about your poor belly! Thank god they cover it!!! It is meant to be:)

    ReplyDelete