Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's baaaaaaack!

My cervix that is... back up over a centimeter to about 1.3 this week. Everything went just perfect at the doctors appointment. My doctor walked in with the cheery greeting of "Alright! I love the 28 week visit!!!" My cervix grew a little bit this week which is promising, All the babies heart rates were still right on target, plenty of fluid and lots of movement, my cervix was no softer then before and still closed (no dilating yet!). I'm now measuring 47 weeks pregnant so 7 weeks past what an average full term pregnancy would be. Yikes. I wonder how big it could get before one would literally just pop? The human body is pretty amazing...

They did another fFn test in the office as well. They did a rapid version of the test there and then also sent off one to the lab for the more accurate full 24 hour testing. I got the rapid test results already but I have to wait 48 hours for the lab results. The test was.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE..... negative. Woohoo! That means we get another 2 weeks out of this pregnancy. A negative result again means less then a 1% chance that we'll deliver in the next two weeks and that would get us to, that's right, 30 weeks! The idea of getting past the 20's and into the 30's seemed so unachievable and now it's there right in front of me. So close I can reach out and touch it!

And since I'm now in the "safe zone" as they called it at the clinic today with the 28 weeks mark behind us and the chance of 30 weeks being so good, I'm able to return to a slightly more normal life for a little while. "Relaxed Bed Rest" is what was prescribed which from what I can tell is somewhere in between modified bed rest and strict bed rest. Either way I get to go out again as long as I don't have to walk or stand for too long- which means every store in the Tampa area with motorized scooters available better watch out! Because mama has cabin fever and needs to get out of this house!!! No seriously though, it's Florida freezing outside and I really can't motivate myself to go anywhere further then my couch to snuggle with my kids. I'll still be resting most of the time but the idea that I could go out should I want to go out is just so much healthier for my psyche.

Off now to go snuggle with my monkeys and drink some hot cocoa. Here's to a Happy New Year with the addition of three more healthy monkeys to our family. Cheers!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbie, This is Kristen, Eva's sister. I love your blog.Congratulations on your babies! What an exciting time. I know exactly what you mean about celebrating all of the milestones of pregnancy --making it to 24 weeks, 28 weeks, etc. I'm almost 32 weeks now and feeling happy I made it this far. You definitely have a reason to celebrate having such a healthy pregnancy.
    Enjoy your time with your older ones while you can...Glad to see you're doing well. -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxed Bed Rest is an AWESOME prescription! So glad you made it this far! Congratulatons!

    Stopping by from Mulitples and MOre!

    ReplyDelete