We had a few birthdays this Summer that were celebrated in typical family fashion... You know, by tethering ourselves behind a jetboat and flying 1200 feet in the air and other standard children's birthday activities.
Everyone in this family over the age of two (as well as grandma) has a birthday within a two week time period. Tack on Mothers Day right before, Fathers Day immediately after and you've got a serious reason to celebrate (and to max out credit cards).
My birthday is first. Pretty low key but the kids were very aware of it and wanted to do everything they could to make it special for me. Rylee even hung all kinds of decorations. They forgot to get a cake and if you know me you know that a birthday without cake is simply unacceptable. Since I gave them a terrible guilt trip they felt so badly about it, we decided at the last minute to whip something up with whatever we had lying around. It looked like garbage but tasted like paradise....
A couple days later my oldest turned six!! For Rylee's birthday she was presented with a long list of celebration options but the only thing she wanted to do was go Parasailing. Well, parasailing and to get a pedicure. She might be an adventurous girl, but she is a girl after all.
I stayed up all night for three nights before her birthday making her that awesome Rapunzel tower play tent. She woke up to that and a new Rapunzel dress that morning.
Birthday Wishes with Coffee Cake for breakfast. Not sure why she looks so sad here, must have been contemplating what to wish for....
A quick morning dinosaur Fossil excavation (in princess attire, of course) and then off to parasailing!
Jack, Daddy, and Rylee as they were taking off the back of the boat.
The birthday girl 1200 feet in the air and loving every second of it!
Jack
And where was I during all of this? Although the captain kindly offered to hook up our 15 month old's for a flight as well, we opted out for them this time around. I mean, I guess I figured they should be able to walk before they fly. Maybe for their second birthday. So I took up my usual post, keeping toddlers from diving overboard back on the boat....
We had a great Birthday week, Rylee and I. Then it was time to pack up and hit the road for two more birthdays and a 3,000 mile road trip!! More on that later...








No comments:
Post a Comment