Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Highlights Reel

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I've been MIA from the blogging world for the past 4 months. Now that I've changed blogs and security features I'm ready to give this thing another go. To catch you (and me) up, I'm gonna go back to where I left off and post the past 4 months in a highlights-reel-style. Here goes-



Easter:

Jesus rose, Grandma Jo came to visit from Michigan, the bunny came, baskets were left, eggs were found, cavities were created. 

















Learning to swim:

Somewhere around this time the little kids grew gills and became waterproof.







Big beds: 

We chucked the cribs and the little kids moved into real beds in one more big fat symbolic step away from infancy. They love their beds. I love the symbolism.




Soccer Team:

The big kids joined a Soccer team. This was big for us as, other then stair sledding and spitball shooting competitions, my kids have never been interested in organized sports. 





Kindergarten Graduation:

The big kids had their Graduation ceremony after completing Kindergarten and proving that they are smart enough to use scissors and not eat glue. 









We had a few birthdays and took a big vacation somewhere in here. I'll add those pictures in a separate post. Too many to share here.



4th of July:

Went to the parade, gathered up the pieces of ourselves that didn't melt off in the heat, did pony rides, climbed all over the military vehicles, eventually peeled Jack off the heavy artillery, hung out in the pool, did fireworks at home, ate red white and blue cake, put the little kids to bed, fed the mosquito's while we watched the big fireworks shows from the backyard. 





















Cow Appreciation Day:

We all dressed up like cows because, well, I have no shame and will do anything for free food.







So there you have it, the pictorial highlights in as condensed a format as I could bring myself to put it. Enjoy and I hope to be seeing more of you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment